Tranny Damage or Paranoia

hlava lhlvava at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 23:17:02 CST 2004

Thanks, Jay, the sound, to me, is getting worse.

The number 2 reason you mentioned, tranny whine, sounds like a possibility.
Though, the sound more closely resembles an exhaust going bad... getting
louder.

As far as the weight and what the Motul is called... I'll have to double
check in the workshop. I do know that I verified it with Mike K. via email.
It was extremely difficult to get. Ended up calling/emailing Motul and they
sent me a free case of it... had to use it then;).

It's funny that you remember my "fear" about the screw and bolt digging into
the mount... I did mention that I might be paranoid:)

No grinding or at least worse grinding, there's occasionally a bit when
putting the car into reverse... I bought the car that way and it hasn't
worsened. It snicks in and out of gears just fine... well, except for that
occasional other problem. No leaks, anywhere. When changing out the fluid,
I'll definitely be checking for metallic particles.

Though the car only has 74k on it, the original owner put 55k on it just
driving to and from campus... about 4 miles each way and rarely took road
trips of any length, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I'm sure shifting through
the gears that much and so often will put more stress and strain on a
transmission than highway driving... doesn't it?

I'll check the info on one of the Motul bottles in the morning and give you
a call in the afternoon. Definitely interested in putting this to rest, one
way or the other.

Thank you,
Mark Hlava