POX on OBX!

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Sun Jan 25 14:03:00 CST 2004

I dunno why people bitch and moan about HS quality, I for one had a HS
header on my SE-R for about 100K miles- its a HS gen3, it hasn't cracked
anywehre and I am on my original secondary pipe ! This header along with HS
CAI and Greddy exhaust produced 146.6WHP on my tired old US DE at the SE-R
dyno shootout in Cali- R&D Dyno. I remember Geo being there, Mike Kojima and
everyone else- cause I was doing a clutch at Kojimas house with those guys
on Thomas Fox's NX. My old HS Gen3 is still on the SE-R today- which I sold
to a friend of mine. So the header has to be around 6 years old and its
still producing the same power it did back at the dyno day in Cali. I live
in Chicago so rust problems do occur- my Greddy exhaust for that matter is 6
years old and its still holding up. I don't like buying cheap brands like
OBX or TENZO R for my own car. Wheather its Tenzo R knock off seats-
Sparcos, and cost less to buy 2 Tenzos vs one Sparco, I reather buy a name
brand and know its going to last me 4 ever. Same goes for car stereos, buy a
knock off Alpine head unit for 120 bux, or a real ALPINE for 600 bux, I go
for the real Alpine cause I know when their name is on the front of the head
unit it will last for a very long time. OBX copied COMPTECHs Acura 3.2CL/TL
headers and is selling em for dirt cheap also. Stillen designed a set of
headers for the 3.5L Maximas and Altimas and it don't make ANY power but
looses power, HS came out with a set of headers for the 3.5L and they gained
around 20WHP, Cattman who has been a long time 3.0L supporter designed a set
of headers from scratch- took em 2 years of testing, and got a set of
headers out for the VQ30DE that gain 37WHP over stock. Stillen headers cost
close to 1K bux, HS go for 550, and Cattman go for 750, this just shows how
far Stillen has gotten over the years of designing parts for Nissans.
Mike Jez
Won't buy a OBX, TENZO, WeaponR, Injen, Arospeed product at all
01 Maxima- powered by Cattman products- waiting for headers, and finally JWT
cams.