axle replacement/seal replacement

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Thu Jan 22 10:23:14 CST 2004

Another good reason to get a couple oversized
sockets, 1 for the axle nuts, and one for the seals
and do them yourself!  Monkey's suck.

Even my buddy the self-proclaimed primate has
more finesse than that.  You wouldn't know it
to watch him beat on a new-style GM ball joint
control arm insert.

'Me beat hard, me beat suspension into submission
with BFH!'  Needless to say, when he gives me a
hand with my considerably more delicate SE-R,
he doesn't beat hard on it.

:)

I seem to remember when doing my seals I used
a flat round bodywork hammer.  Didn't take too
much pressure - might have even used a little scrap
of 2x4 to help.

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.