GTi-R swap

Acura Transmission God 93SER@attbi.com
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:36:59 -0600

>Unfortunately, I have changed my plans as far as getting a front clip goes.
Instead, i am just going to
> purchase a Blue Bird SR20DET and get all the necessary SR20 conversion
components separately. I >understand that this is more time consuming, but I
did some calculations, and it looks like it will
>be cheaper in the long run. And I spoke with a local shop that has done the
GA16DE -> SR20DET swap >before. They said that I wouldn't be able to use the
GTi-R ECU, wiring harness, starter, MAF sensor and
>some other significant parts as I originally thought i would be able to.

OK STOP,
Drive the car to me, I will put a GTI-R into a GA powered car without a
single problem. The shop that you have talked to has NO idea what a GTi-R
engine is, they probably think its some fancy VW engine or something. If you
get a GTi-R front clip like I did, you can swap the pedals over, wire
harness, ECU, everything but the axles and tranny. GTi-R will come with
AD22VF brakes too. I think you should stay away from that shop. I know of
one shop in IL that people go to for engine swaps- SR20s, they charge 3K bux
for a DET install. Now I do them for less than a G note. Thanx, hope U don't
get screwed on your swap.
Mike Jez
Chicago, IL