B13 hitch / small trailer recommendations?

Linn, Steve Steve.Linn@cornerstonecontrols.com
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:57:06 -0600

Getting ready to turn my "race car" into a tow vehicle as well (just picked up
a used junior kart for my son).
Anyone have any staggering recommendations or horror stories regarding hitches
on a B13?
I'm looking at the Draw-Tight Sportline which uses the 1 1/4" box receiver
(rather than the bar types that are out there).
I can get a complete new setup for about $100 from cheaphitches.com.  Anybody
have a good used one lying about that they want to get out of their garage?

Any thoughts on small utility trailers as well?
It'll do double duty between towing the kart as well as towing race wheels and
tires to track days and autocrosses
Looking at a 4' x 6' open trailer probably.  Lowe's has a nice version but
it's nearly $500 (more than the budget allows).
There's always Harbor Freight - we have a store in-town so there would be no
shipping involved - at around $200...and you supply the wood.

What else is out there for us "economically-minded" amateur "racers" and "team
owners".

Steve in Indy
92 SE-R (driver)
95 Trick Kart (owner)