Rod bearing replacement (Update 5)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 06:02:10 -0600

Ben Fenner wrote:

>I'm in Columbia, South Carolina.
>Would it be cheapest to have Mike grab me an engine from SOKO and have it
>shipped down here? How much for shipping? Mike?

There is an importer of JDM engines in SC.  I cannot remember the name
right now, but I found them while I was looking for a DET for my SCC
article.  Try searching the web.  Or you could search the archives.  I know
I've posted their name before and mentioned they were in SC (or perhaps it
was NC).

>Also, I need a low port engine. Preferably a '94. Were JDMs made as low ports?

No.  But, you can still swap in a high port.  Or, if you want you can swap
heads - put your low port head on the JDM.

>I just don't know how easy it is to swap a US market engine with a JDM. Do I
>have to change ECUs?

Nope.

>Do I have to add emitions equipment? I'd rather source a US market low
>port SR20DE just to make things easier.

If you're worried about emissions, then swap the head from the US to the
JDM.  Or you could get a hold of JGY and see what he has.  He might be able
to fix you up.

George Roffe
Houston, TX  USA
http://www.nissport.com