PS tensioner bolt access - what a bitch

Brad Richards richards@cs.vassar.edu
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 23:53:38 -0600

At 12:52 AM -0600 12/6/03, David Pertuz wrote:
>Can anyone tell me some combination of sockets, swivels, estensions, etc.
>or other wrenches that they used with which they successfully got at the
>power steering tensioner bolt? What a gold-plated bitch!

Yep, it's no fun.  I've had good luck with a stubby ratchet handle I
found at Sears a few years back.  Not only is it short (about 6"),
but the handle has a flex joint in it that lets you get it down into
the nook behind the PS pump.  The other trick is to pull the bolt
holding the PS pump to the tensioning screw.  That way you can move
the pump all the way to the end of its travel without having to spend
a month rotating the tensioning screw.  It's a bit of a bitch getting
everything back together, but I've found it still saves me a bunch of
time.

	Brad