This Hot? Radiator Hose

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:23:47 -0600

Hmm... well, consider this, the thermostat opens at 170 degrees F.  You're
coolant is hotter than that.  So that radiator hose is going to be quite
toasty.  The valve cover will get hot after a few minutes.  The exhaust
manifold will get hot after a few seconds.

When I've bled my system, I've sat there and squeezed the hoses a lot.  That
seems to get a lot of the air out.  I'm pretty sure you're suppose to have the
heater all the way on when flushing/bleeding the coolant.

The temp gauge should be right around halfway or a bit lower than that.  Good
luck!

Khiem