This Hot? Radiator Hose

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:54:44 -0600

I finished redoing my coolant, although it's only been 6 weeks... I forgot
to replace the thermostat. Replaced thermostat because heater wasn't blowing
hot air, just luke warm.

I've bled the system at least 3 times in the last 2 days and maybe I'm just
feeling paranoid or didn't notice these things the last time.

1) is the upper radiator hose supposed to get very very hot to the touch?
2) I'm hearing a noise, kind of like air, but not a bubbling sound coming
from that area... is this normal or am I not getting all the bubbles out
even by using Zotz's method?
3) is the valve cover supposed to get that hot even after just 20 minutes of
driving?

My temp gauge doesn't go anywhere near the H mark, stays less than halfway.
Hot air comes out of the inside vents when on furthest hot setting, blower
resistor needs to be replaced, but it's no longer luke warm. I'll pull the
red and black temp sensors and have them checked to see if they're
working(above the oil filter, right?).

Anything else I should be looking at or am I just being a paranoid putz? A
bunch of little things are happening all at once with the car... it's
starting to add up and really frustrate me.

Thanks for your time,
Mark Hlava