Engine builder

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:45:07 -0600

One of the things I find interesting is that I read
pages of well written text about a mod he does and
even with my understanding of engines and such, I
still don't get exactly what he did.

Like the whole thing is written to sound exotic and
high tech but what is actualy being done is masked.
Read his blower mod stuff for instance.  I strive to
make my writing, at least the published stuff concise
and to the point.  This stuff seems to be
self-glorfying or defiantly defensive.

>From what I know about roots blowers, the efficency is
limited because they are an external compression
device.  He gets a roots blower designed to make 5-10
lbs of boost and overdrives the crap out of it and
expects what I think is some porting to make it an
amazing 20 psi of boost on pump gas, runs cool and no
detonation ever with no intercooler machine?

Changing the port timing can really screw things up
and I suspect thats why there is that big old rant
about the bad customer who sent him a ruined blower
and complained after he make it worse.  I suspect the
port timing got ruined by overzealous porting.

If the blower was so jacked up and the clearances were
so out of spec, why did he waste all the time and
labor to do all that work for nothing when he knew it
was not going to come out.  Sounds fishy to me.

Now I don't know TOO or his work but a vendata against
engineeres, lots of inferences as fact when they are
simply opinion, not even theory, groupies, lots of
promises and no results (read about the promised
revolutionary blower kits and the reasons why they are
not coming out and still are not out years later even
when "final"  versions and "final tooling" is shown in
1999)claimes of 400+ whp all motor honda that is going
to kill everyone in 2000, etc makes me raise a big BS
flag.

Everything is so nicely written and explained in such
detail that its easy to get sucked in.

Mike