Hydraulic Valve Adjuster

Neall Verheyde neall@telus.net
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:40:19 -0600

> Is this a repair that requires complete cam removal or is it possible to tip
> the cam enough to access the #2 cylinder lifter?

You might be able to tip the cam to get at the lifter, but I'd still
remove it to get it out of the way.  You would have to do 90% of the
work before the cam will move anyways.  Once the cam is out, just pop
off the rocker arm, and pull the old lifter out.  Make sure you follow
the procedure in the FSM to fill the new one.

> Can the work be done with the engine in the car?

No problem.

> Should I just load up the revolver and shoot it?

Maybe, but not because of a bad lifter!  It's an easy job if you have
the FSM, a torque wrench and some other generic tools.  It shouldn't
take more than 2-3 hours.

Neall.
'93 G20 turbo