eBay short shifters

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:52:20 -0600

I think aluminum won't have the weight/strength of
steel, and will be harder to shift due to less leverage.

I'd also say that the pacesetter is adjustable.
If you don't like what you set it at, take it out
and put it back in.  The cheap ebay one didn't
appear to be.

I also wonder why they used non-plastic ball
instead of plastic like Nissan, SMC, Pacesetter.

I'd also be suspect of the aluminum bending, they
don't mention what alloy, I doubt it's T-6061 at
that price.  Also, the pacesetter kit comes with a
shifter bushing, and a tube of pretty good white
grease.

Didn't somebody else just ask about this not 2 days
ago, or was that you, Scott? *scratch*

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.