No reverse in LSD tranny, help!

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut@comcast.net
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:47:37 -0600

>The problem is shifting INTO 1st - 5th is relatively smooth but I cannot
>get it into reserve in anyway. I can shift out of 1st, 3rd and 5th easily
>but for 2nd and 4th, I need to hit it hard to get it to come out. Even when
>the car is off, the problem is the same.

First thing Id do is get under the car, disconnect the linkage and
physicaly move the selector with your hand.  It rotates and moves in and
out for gear selection.

Last time I heard something similar to this it was the rear motor mount
was broken.  Which causes the linkage to be out of alignment.  So Id
make sure that if the selector moves easily by hand that your linkage is
in the right shape.  If I remember correctly its not exactly straight
....  And then make sure you are mated up to the engine properly....and
the mounts are all in the right place and tight.  If the engine is
rocked one way or the other, it will not get into gear.  Specficaly if
the firewall side is low, 2/4/R are next to impossible to get into.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)