Rent-O-Car [was: My weekend at the Convention]

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:40:54 -0600

Justin McClanahan wrote:

> It wasn't mine.  It was the SoCal guys that had their way with that
> thing....They did just about everything you can think of to that
> thing and then some.:-)   They should look into working for the
> big car companies being test drivers for abuse studies on new vehicles.

They were just copying off of Kieran and I from when we've flown
out there.  Shit we removed the airbox at the track and removed
the exhaust on our rental.  Kieran also removed the rear seats
and stuff to make it lighter.   We've stood on it drove it
into bushes over curbs into poles.  You name it.  Every time
I visit Rob Cadle with a rental we proceed to disconnect every
sensor possible to see what will finally stop the car from
running.  Of course we start with TPS and stupid shit and work
our way to MAP and MAF sensors.  Oh and his driveway is nice for
scraping the undercarriage up.

Kieran returned the car with a flat once.  And ours we had
to rotate the tires on to be able to run our full sessions
on track w/o the tires falling apart.

So don't think them SoCal guys did anything new. :)

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 350K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R