[se-rscca] Fwd: [ClubZ Chat] FW: Accident at Buttonwillow

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:18:33 -0500

mike kojima wrote:

>The trouble with the neck brace is that most of our california tracks are
>in the middle of the desert and we often race in over 100 degree weather
>with an in car temp of 130 degrees or greater.

    <snip>

>Anyone got ideas on how to protect the body but not cook it?  Comments,
>suggestion on protection vs distraction?

Mike, I'll try to remember to bring my G-Force helmet to the convention.  I
think you will be impressed.  I certainly was.  You can get a forced air
helmet in fiberglass/kevlar (noticeably lighter than my Bell Sport II) for
$300.  In addition, it's set up for G-Force's proprietary head and neck
support ($225).  I'm going to get one for the interim before I can swing a
HANS.

I think you'll like this helmet.  It's higher quality than Bell or Simpson
for less money IMHO.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com