Electrical problems

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:46:16 -0500

Once upon a time (Tue Oct 14), Ben Fenner wrote:

>> my brake light and battery light flicker and I hear this
>> buzzing noise coming from the dash and my daytime lights flicker
>> simultaneously to the battery and brake light flickering.

> If your battery light is blinking, and the dash is buzzing, you're
> most likely missing a continuous connection from the alternator.

I second that. I had a very similar problem not long ago, and thought
my alternator was dead. Turns out the harness connector that plugs into
the alternator wasn't in all the way. Pushed it in firmly, and voila,
no more problem. That was about a week after I re-installed my engine,
and drove from Chicago to Arizona. It must have been loose when I put
everything back back together, but the symptoms didn't appear until
after arriving in Arizona.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks@anabasis.net