Hello all

Patrick Cable II ptc@pcable.net
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:12:38 -0500

Hi there -
    Just joined the list. I am a quite happy 1992 Infiniti G20 owner. I have
about 175,000 on my car. My goal is for it to last, well, a long time.
    Anywho, maybe its just my inexpierience with a manual (Got my license on
Aug 1 but ive been driving it with a permit since february-ish), but whats
been happening more and more lately is that the gears lock up. Sometimes it
will go into third, and third only. Usually what I do is turn the car off,
just push it through the gears (1-4) then turn it on again and I'm all set.
Other times what will happen is that i will have to really struggle to get it
into gear. Third into forth is easy, and thats about it. Now, while turning
the car off and on makes it work, its probably not a normal thing to have
happening. One person said something about a throwout bearing. Im sure it
depends on where you go, but what am I looking at to get that replaced. How
about the clutch disc itself?
    Also, my AC doesnt work. But i'm told i need to get the new system in
there and have it traced for leaks, because, well, its probably leaking.

    When working properly, which, is most of the time, i like the G20 more
than the 94 Taurus SHO that we also have.

Patrick