Wheel weights

Charlie Guthrie smplmchn@mindspring.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:26:28 -0500

Just thought I'd pass this link along for those doing wheel weight research.
http://www.wheelweights.net/

I decided on The Kosei Racing K1's for my car and have not regretted it at
all. I will point out one recurring item with the Kosei wheels among track
junkies. Many people have had problems with the wheels loosening on track.
Probably due to the painted cone tapers for the nuts and the heat cycling
due to hard braking. I, also, had wheel loosening issues until I used
lapping compound (180 grit) and an extra wheel nut powered by my portable
drill to clean all of the paint from the nut seating surface.
If you buy the wheels from Tire Rack, ask about getting the aluminum
centering rings.....MUCH better than the plastic ones. The plastic ones will
melt to the hub during hot track use.
Charlie Guthrie