New SE-R

Trenholme, Phil Phil_Trenholme@affymetrix.com
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:41:09 -0500

Hello,

I have just recently purchased a '93 SER. Wow, what a great car this is! I
currently vintage race a 1965 Porsche 356 and I really appreciate how well
this car performs. I bought my car from the original owner, who had records
for every oil change done on 3K intervals. Currently the car has 130K and is
completely stock. This car is replacing a Galant VR4 and although it does
not have the power of the Galant it has much better balance. I do want to
improve the handling a bit and since the car will need new tires I am going
to buy some Yokohama AVS ES100 tires for the stock rims. Since I am not
overly concerned with Speedo error should I go with the stock 185 X 60 width
or the 195 X 60 width? There is only a $3 difference in price between these
2 tire sizes. This is my commuter car and I drive over a nice mountain road
every day (HWY 17; CA BayArea)and it can get pretty exciting in the rain.
Would the rain consideration make the narrower tire a better choice? Any
input here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Phil T