Helmets

Josh Foster j_foster@charter.net
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:23:13 -0500

Hey list,

I'm am starting to research helmets for the convention because in the past I
have just borrowed one from a friend.  But I thought I might as well
purchase my own, and I wanted to get some opinions.  I understand what the
helmet "codes" mean; such as M2000 and SA95 etc.  My question is at what
level of motorsports do "M" helmets not conform to the rules.  I expect
every class of racing to be slightly different, but I have used a "M" for
auto-x without problems, but what about drivers education events such as at
the upcoming convention?  I searched my local tracks requirements, but the
follow NHRA standards - which I had trouble finding their on-line rule book.
My usage to be mainly auto-x and possibly a couple DE's with almost zero
chance of wheel-to-wheel racing.

I would appreciate some general tips, and any websites with better deals.
I've found www.racerwholesale.com and a couple others.

Thanks,

Josh Foster

'92 SE-R