sumitomo tires

Brian Jones jonesbri@cox.net
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:34:48 -0500

> I'm also looking for new ones--looks like I'm trying to choose between
> the Yokohamas (ES100s) and Bridgestone Potenzas (RE950).  I
> haven't seen
> anyone say much about the Bridgestones although some of the reviews on
> tirerack.com look promising.  Opinions?

I have the RE950's on 205/40/17's, and I like them a good amount.  I
Don't do any auto-x or anything, but I do drive 110 miles to work
Everyday in the northeast so they do get a good amount of use.
I chose them because they were an "all-weather" tire and I figured
I may make a couple runs when you get a little light dusting of snow
Before switching over to the winter tires...but that was a mistake
because
40 profile tires don't really give you much traction :) hehe.  However,
they
Are good in the rain and the dry traction is great for non racing stuff.
May be pretty good on OEM sized rims.  The tread is beefy and after
25,000
Miles on them they still have over 3/4 tread remaining.  Next time tho
I will probably put something lighter on my 17's for the summer and
stick
To having the winter tires on a little earlier in the season.

-Brian Jones
93.5 G