Roll Bar install help

EEYORE5182@aol.com EEYORE5182@aol.com
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:52:51 -0500

"My question is, what should "I use to cover the bolts that would be exposed
on the underside of the car and in the wheelwell?"
Just go to your local autoparts store and get some undercoating.  I was
planning on doing it as well.
"Also, I want to put the rollbar in without cutting the carpet, ie. just
drill the holes directly on the carpet. Good idea? Bad idea? TIA"
Thats what i did.  Put the bar in and drill through the holes. Just so you
know, those bolts will seam REALLY short when trying to get them through the
carpet and the floor. You might be able to get one, maybe two of the nuts onto
the bolts, but not all three.  Get as many on as you can, and then tighten the
bolts.  Do this with the backing plate on.  This will compress the metal in
the
floor of the car and will allow you to get all three bolts on.  Use some
thread locker too :-)  Also, make sure you have the right plates in advance.
dont think i had all of the rightones. I wound up having to drill holes in one
or two of them.

Alex
'93 NX2k
'92 G20