Strut Question - replacement mounts

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:38:24 -0500

Strut replacement question for y'all --

I'm putting new struts (plain ol' KYB GR-2s) on the wife's NX2k.  I
purchased all the stuff from Tire Rack;  they listed replacement mounts for
each corner, so I got those too.  Turns out the mounts ("mounting
insulator" in Nissan-ese) is just the top metal part with molded in rubber
pad that lets the strut rod pivot.

These don't appear to be in bad shape on the car, so I'm wondering if I
should just send them back for a refund.  Has anyone ever bothered with
replacing these, or seen one go bad?  (Yeah, I know there are fancy camber
adjusters that get rid off these all together, but it's just the wife's
grocery getter!!)

Thanks,

    -Wayne  91 NK2k,  93 NX2k,  93 SE-R, 92 SE-R-Parts-Car