JWT PP

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:58:37 -0500

"Raymond A. Kawski" wrote:

> I'm no physics expert but no matter where the mounting
> point is you still have the extra 1" of cable length.

I'm still struggling over why everyone's having so
much trouble with their JWT PP/B15 disc setup.

I installed mine, a whitish PP with my B15 disc
a few thousand miles and a few months ago,
and I've not had a single problem.  The PP 'finger'
configuration is a little different than the stock PP,
but the stock PP had excessive wear on the very
ends of the 'fingers' probably due to overzealous
adjustment by the previous installer.

I have a gritchy, old, probably excessively worn clutch
cable, and it is, in fact adjusted fairly close to the extreme
of the adjustment range, but other than my floor mats
getting in the way of the clutch pedal, I've had no
disengagement problems, my PP was probably purchased
4 months ago or so.  The engagement is possibly a *little*
lower than stock, but not much.  I've kept it somewhat
low just to make absolutely certain I wasn't preloading
the throwout bearing.

Just my $.02.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>