Pressure plate issues

Aaron K se-r@limitedslip.net
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:09:45 -0500

I have not attempted that yet, but I don't think thats the problem.

Right now the adjustment is all the way down (no slack in the clutch cable, so
the second you press on the pedal, the clutch fingers start moving). Lets say
that in this case I have 6" of pedal travel till it hits the floor. The
clutch reengages within an inch or two of the bottom. If I move the pedal
either up or down, it doesn't change the fact that it engages at the bottom
of the travel.

In the past, I was able to adjust the clutch cable so it disengages half way
through the total travel. Now I can't, and the pedal is in the same position
its always been.

There is something funny going on with this JWT presurre plate in my car...

Aaron