B13 Fender Removal

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:20:53 -0500

At 10:22 AM 8/12/2003 -0500, Josh Foster wrote:
>Getting ready to remove my fenders on my Classic for some preventive rust
>maintenance, and I wanted to see if anyone had any tips.  I read over the
>FSM and the archives, and didn't see any true information on fender removal.

I took the crunched up one off my junker a few months ago.  I don't
remember any details, but I know I didn't run into any hitches, either.

Some of the fasteners for the plastic fender well and bumper skin are
plastic, and will try to break.  Be gentle.  You might try to leave the
fender well attached, if it will clear the strut.

Might be a good idea to make some alignment marks so you can put them back
in the same position.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car