Roll Bar question

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:30:02 -0500

After listening to all the people telling me not to run a harness without a
rollbar/cage, I've finally decided to get one. I've been looking at the bolt
in rollbar from Autopower. Trouble is that Autopower makes 2 types of bars,
the Race and the Street Sport. The Race has the option of diagonal brace and
harness bar and is made of ERW tubing while the Street Sport only has the
harness bar as an option but is made of DOM tubing. The salesperson said
that DOM is a better quality tubing than ERW but that the Race has the added
benefit of the diagonal cross brace. Which one do I get? I'm really not into
SCCA so getting in compliance is not a problem, I just want the safer of the
two. Any ideas? TIA

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods