rates (was: 5W-20 engine oil?)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:23:57 -0500

Michael Jez wrote:

>There are 2 diff flat rate times- one is for warranty and one is for the
>customers.

I don't have a general problem with flat rates Mike, but I *do* have a
problem with this.  Damned sure *somebody* is getting screwed.

>Some times the manufacturer comes up with are just ridiculous- lets say ya
>gotta do a controll arm on a Audi- ya have to remove the subframe to do
>this- controll arm pays like 1.2 hours to do, where doing the subframe is
>2.4 hours now tell me how they come up with this friggin time ?

I've always understood this as adding the subframe time to the control arm
time.  That isn't what they charge?

>Or oil pressure switch on a MDX is 0 hours in their book...

That's wrong.

>well for 0 hours under warranty I throw the switch in the pass seat of the
>car and tell the customer

I understand what you're saying, but that's wrong too.  That's between you
and your employer, not between you and the customer.

>I'm sure non of ya go to work, don't punch in and work for 8 hours and go
>home RIGHT ?

Well, since you asked, I've worked many hours I don't get paid for.  OK,
I'm on salary these days, but that does NOT even justify a 90 hour week.  I
understand your point, but......

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com