Dist Cap went KABOOM

Ben Baird ben@polycore-usa.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:33:04 -0500

I would say that looks like a loose connection that caused a lot of arcing
and fried the surrounding plastic of the cap.  I had it happen once on my
'91, but not as bad as that one.  Time for a new cap and prolly should
replace the coil wire while your at it.  I use dielectric grease (only a
little) in these area now to make good clean corrosion free contact.

Ben H. Baird
'91 SE-R
'92 SE-R

Wayne wrote:
This is the weirdest car thing I've seen...

http://www.xxiii.com/wcox/diz/dist_cap.jpg

Any clues what might have caused this?!?!?

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car