Solid and Vented

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:16:58 -0500

Boy, that sure lasted a long time... miss me?

Larry, I'm well aware of what a vented rotor is... I've pulled off my front
wheels enough times, plus from all the research I always do before I ask a
question here.

The B13 front rotor is 250mm x 18mm, vented disc. The rears are 234mm x 7mm,
solid disc. Note that the rears are solid... not meaning vented. They are
truly solid, no vents... and yes, I looked.

So, where is the confusion between vented and solid? I don't see any. Using
these words interchangeably when one rotor is vented and the other is solid?
Makes no sense to me.

So, when a company says they have a "solid" disc for B13 application, and
don't reply when I ask if the fronts are vented... I'm assuming that they
mean the front is "solid", just like the rears.

Terse, smersh... still uncalled for. I'm going on vacation for awhile. If
you want to make it permanent... oh well. It's not like I don't have enough
other things to keep me busy... though I'd miss doing some research, getting
help, and learning to help others. C'est la vie.

Later,
Mark(Who is through "venting" and back on "solid" ground)