Pulsar SSS

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:07:23 -0500

Stephen Attwood wrote:

> Last time I checked the Mobil 1 gear oil is not rated GL-4 compatible and,
> therefore, is definitely not recommened for our trannies.  See
> http://www.se-r.net/transaxle_clutch/redline.html for more info.

For a street car, MT-90, for a racecar, redline shockproof.

Mobil 1 is according to Mobil, rated GL-3, 4, and 5.  The issue
with Mobil 1 on Nissan transmissions is that the sulphurous
additives that give it it's GL-5 rating corrode the brass synchros
on our transmissions.  And btw - it shifts like crap.
MT-90 shifts great in -20 F weather, I haven't tried shockproof.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.