Help with Cobra MAF

Brent Meints mein3@fsuimail.ferris.edu
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:18:07 -0500

When I did my brother's swap we had some messed up maf readings.  I
peeled the harness back to find that the signal wire was grounding out
cause the wire was frayed and hitting the ground wire.  You may want to
look for shorts and such like that.

Brent

If I unconnect the Orange wire on the SE-R from the Cobra harness,
everything functions like it should. I get a reading of .015 volts with
just the ignition on probing the Cobra harness. Blowing on the sensor
makes the voltage increase. As soon as I reconnect the Orange wire on
the SE-R, I get a reading of .010 volts that holds steady. It's like
the Orange wire is grounding out the circuit.

Is there a fuse for the MAF system that I should check? I did unplug
the ECU harness and reconnect it just to make sure I had a solid
connection there.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jonathon