koni inserts

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:14:18 -0500

Jon Pennington wrote:

>I don't understand; how is having the perch at the top of the thread any
>more or less likely to bind a coil than in the middle or bottom, given
>that the spring length itself is constant?

Jon, you need to reread what Scott wrote and go through it slowly (no
insult intended).  Scott gave you all the information you need to figure
this out.

Basically, if you have a strut with 4" of travel but a spring with 3" of
travel before coilbind, you're going to coilbind before bottoming the
damper.  The solution would be to select a spring with 4+" of travel before
coilbinding.