Super2nr TV Nissan v. Honda Challenge on Now

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:19:47 -0500

Hondas are vastly better handling and braking cars,
they weigh 150-300 lbs less, they have multilink
suspension that makes our suspension look like a joke.

A Civic is a vastly better car than a SE-R which only
has the SR20 motor going for it.  The stock Civic is
saddled by the turd like D15 or D16 engine.  Once you
ace the D motor and drop in a B16A or a B18C or even
better a B2O frankenstein motor, you have a really
sweet car that can kick the shit out of any SE-R, even
well set up ones.

Fortunatly the majority of the Honda crowed is into
rice and is ralther clueless.  The Honda guys we were
up against are like most of us, hardcore performance,
no rice and with better cars to start with.

SE-R's suck compared to Hybried Civics.  The reason
why I am not a Honda guy is I like a challange of
making a non mainstream car fast and Nissan people are
the best car bunch in the world.

If you don't belive the part about handling and
braking being more important than power, if you saw
the part on the TV show with Honda Challange Ace
Bernardo Martinez dicing with SCC's Dave Coleman, that
car has less than half the power of the Disco Potato
but Dave had to pull out all the stops to finaly beat
Bernardo.  I was only abut two-three seconds a lap
faster than Bernardo with over 3x more power!

Bernardo regularly stomps my ass in my SE-R cup car
with his Honda Challange car even though I have about
30 more hp than him. Its all about the balanced
package baby.

Mike