Super2nr TV Nissan v. Honda Challenge on Now

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:06:55 -0500

JFormantes@aol.com wrote:

> My question is, does this tells us that those Honda entry cars have better
> hardware?  ( the article didn't say anything about honda running into some

They obviously have a better suspension to start with.  And numerous
more vendors to source parts from.  I wouldn't say they had
more power.  Most of the Nissan were turbocharged.  Only a
few Nissans were NA.  Greg Vogels classic, Ambers VVL NX,
Martins 99 SE.  For sure there NA cars had more HP then
our NA cars.  But Streets of Willow is a handling course not
a HP course.  So they had an advantage.

> but article did mention that those Hondas are lighter than
> Nissans,  meaning the Hondas has the advantage.

Another variable that helped them.  And of course very few if any
of there cars had the stock displacment engine.  All where
somesort of swap.  Where as on our side the only engine we had
that wasn't an SR20DE was Ambers with the SR20VE.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 348K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R