300/200 springs with older agx shocks prettyharsh,autocross...

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Thu, 22 May 2003 16:23:30 -0500

> I was under the impression that if its lowered this amount, with these spring
> rates, that the chances of hitting the bump stops are minimal. Is this
> incorrect?

I personally doubt very highly that your staying completely off the bumpstops.

I'd argue that with as little travel as these cars have,
trimming off the almost all of stock bumpstops off the boots
is necessary with *any* amount of lowering.  Most especially
on harsh roads.  As well, I think your AGX's are way over
adjusted.  A wiser LM pointed out to me that he never ran
more than 1-2 front, and 3-4 rear on AGX's on 300/200.

I personally found that 1-3 keeps the suspension quite supple
over really harsh, frost heaved Maine winter roads.  I also know
that every time I turned them up, not only did it feel worse
to ride in, with all the jarring, but the car would slam hard
on the slightest road imperfections and quite often,
launch the front wheels off the ground, resulting in
the exact opposite of the point of a tuned suspension,
loss of traction.

We have the same exact spring rate, but I'm using the
GC coilovers, with their caster/camber plates and
Shigspeed's pillowball mounts in the rear.  One of these
days, I'll drive down to Mass and get it cornerweighted.

Throwing in a JWT 2.0 PP and that y2k b15 clutch disk
this weekend when I pull it apart to put in that shiny new
rear main seal retainer.  The old clutch is getting dropped into
the bone stocker, formerly known as 'the parts car'.    YAY!
It's new name is 'The Salt Magnet', a.k.a. beater with a heater.

I'm also going to get one of those really nifty 25lb dry cell batteries.
Westco 12v31M, and one of these days one of Darth Roffe's
extra super nifty trunk boxes for it.

I'm going to garage one of these and never let it see winter (again).

Unless,

Anyone got an no rust, great paint, no dent
91-94 without a drivetrain, brakes, wheels,
etc.  That I can somehow get up to Maine,
intact?

:)

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>