a good reason for swapping bearings on a DET!

james.mccoll@sympatico.ca james.mccoll@sympatico.ca
Thu, 8 May 2003 07:54:27 -0500

That's *exactly* how I felt!

Everything was fine until that one, and I was beginning
to feel like it might have been a waste of time.  Holy
vindication, Batman! ;-)

That's right, I'm in Canada, so I went over to EngineLand
in Montreal to get the engine.  It's supposed to have fewer
than 60,000 kilometres on it.  But without a front clip,
who really knows?

Either it has more mileage than advertised, which I believe
is the case, or someone was neglecting oil changes really
badly and running the car hard.

However, I'm not too concerned, because everything is being
swapped on the engine except piston rings.  And the engine's
been on a stand upside down for a week, with oil pooled on
the underside of the pistons, and nothing's leaked down, so
I think they're probably fine.

James