Opinion on remanufactured caliper companies

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 1 May 2003 10:03:50 -0500

Steven Papatrefon wrote:

>Does anyone have any opinions on purchasing remanufactured brake calipers
>from the following companies:

>A1 Cardone
>Beck/Arnley
>Bendix
>Raybestos

>Are they all about the same as far as quality of products?  Or should I avoid
>one or two of them?

A1 Cardone is a good brand.  Wagner is also a very good brand.  Beck is
decent quality, but usually more expensive.  Bendix is a good company,
although their loaded calipers are not true loaded calipers (last I
knew).  Same for Raybestos.

Basically all 4 are large companies and generally pretty good.  Calipers
are pretty simple.  They are a casting (pretty much the only thing being
reused), a piston, some bolts and fittings, and a seal.

George Roffe
Former Inventory Accounting Manager - Big A Auto Parts (gone bust)