Fastbrakes kit help! - Update

VRtual boy vrtualboy@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:26:13 -0500

First of all let me start out by extending a big thank
you to all of those that responded to my problem with
the fastbrakes kit!

The squealing problem has been fixed!  I called
Wilwood and they advised me to get a softer set of
pads, the Q compound set.  So I did.

So for those who are thinking of getting the
fastbrakes kit, if the kit comes with the D compound
brake pads, you're going to have to purchase a Q or T
compound set, which according to Wilwood, are for
street driving.

However, according to Brian @ Fastbrakes I could have
used the D compound pads, it just involves some
bedding of the pads.  Here are his comments:

Actually you can get softer pads, but the easier
solution is to bed
those in
and the noise will be greatly reduced...make several
40-10 slowdowns,
being
mildly agressive with the pressure, let them cool off,
then repeat from
60 -15 mph. Let cool then go out and hammer on them,
and don't be
surprised
to find them smoking after you get done. they are now
ready to
go...Also you
can put some anti squeal stuff on the backs of the
pads to cut down on
noise...the pads won't eat the rotors so don't worry
about the noise...
Brian Hasty

By the time I received his email I had already
purchased the softer set.

I am going to try and sell the D compound set, which
are still pretty much new, on Ebay.  If anyone knows
of someone that may want to purchase these, send me an
email.

Christian Escobar
'98 200sx se-R