New owner with some questions

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:08:25 -0500

Jason Arrington wrote:

>I'm the proud new owner of a '93 Sentra SE-R. White, 5-spd, 38k miles
>(yes, that's right, 38k original miles), bone stock and unmolested, with
>the high port motor but no moonroof, cruise, or ABS.

Wanna sell it?  I could fake some pictures of you with a sheep or a goat or
something. ;-)  Seriously, congratulations.  I'm *so* jealous.  That's
almost impossible to find today and the classic is such a good car and to
find one unmolested is beyond belief.

>It has kind of an interesting history, if anyone's interested I'll share
>in another post.

Please do.

>1. I'm thinking of doing the cruise control swap. What cars make good
>donors? 2-4 doors? 95-99 models? G20s? I looked at the instructions on
>se-r.net and they were very detailed, but seemed to be missing this
>info.

I used parts from a Sentra XE.  The actuator unit has a different length
throttle cable though and that can be a real PITA.  An SE-R or G20 would be
a better donor car.  I'm not certain about any differences between
high-port and low-port models.  Probably none.

Also, I've corresponded with a number of people about this upgrade and I
know there are some errors in my original article.  Perhaps one of them can
speak up.  If SE-R.net hasn't been updated with the corrections, it should be.

>This little car rocks!

Boy howdy!

George Roffe
91 SE-R paperweight, but almost ready to reanimate
91 Dead Red (turbo) G20
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
03 Durango SLT tow beast
00 328i  OO 00 00

Oh yeah, and occasionally borrowed 92 SE-R SCCA ITS race car (as seen at
Texas Motor Speedway this weekend :-)