I really need some help..

EEYORE5182@aol.com EEYORE5182@aol.com
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:03:12 -0500

at the advice of others, i went to the ECU today to reset it. (i have been
doing things all weekend to get the car to pass emissions..)
I put the ECU into diagnostic mode, got 2 sets of 5 blinks..which was good.
I turned it back to totally reset it (using the instructions off SE-R.net and
then installed everything.
I then went to start the car....nothing. the motor will turn, and then
stops..almost violently. i can actually hear the motor stopping before the
starter does so there is that bell ringing sound off the flywheel..on
occasion it doesn't do that every time.
I hooked some jumper calbles on it and it still wont fire. I had cleaned my
MAF this weekend (used a fine real hair brissled paint brush and rubbing
alcohol) and i also..
rebulit my PAIR valve
put in a new O2 Sensor
all of the above was done yesterday. on saturday i put new o rings on the
injectors and cleaned them (but the car ran after i did this).
im stumpped. i need this car, as its my only one. i dont have a Techtom, so i
cant tell if there is any voltage going through the MAF wires, so i have no
idea if those are ok or not. when i cleaned them, i didnt knock them off the
posts or anything..as a matter of fact i was looking through them with a
magnifying glass for a while. they seemed ok to me. If i turned the screw to
fast on the ECU would it have left it in diagnostic mode, not allowing the
car to run? anyone have a clue?

Alex
'93 NX2k