Database for Tires?

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:33:32 -0500

At 10:15 PM 4/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Wayne... seriously? I should have used a torque wrench? Crappppppppola...
>just used my monkey brains along with my gorilla arms.

I doubt you messed them up permanently.  If that is the problem, then
properly torque-ing them should clear things up.

AutoZone has a cheap 1/2" drive torque wrench that goes up to 150 ft/lbs
for about $25.  The lug nuts are 21mm.  Snug the lugs up, then torque to 80
ft/lbs in a cris-cross pattern.

I use the AutoZone wrench on high torque, not so critical stuff.  For the
majority of the smaller fasteners, I have a Craftsman 3/8" drive torque
wrench that goes up to 75 ft/lbs in 1/2 ft/lb increments.  It's been sent
out for calibration and has papers traceable back to the NIST  :)  [I used
to work in an aerospace shop]

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car