New

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:02:50 -0600

On Thursday, April 3, 2003, at 04:47  PM, Gwen Pritchard wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I assume most of you are men.

Hi, Gwen, welcome to the list.  Yes, most folks here are men, some
manlier than others.  And there are some women here too.  Again, some
manlier than others.  ;)

> I've been reading some of your post and it is all foreign to me.

Well, just read what you can, and it will start to make some sense over
time.  Also check out the web page www.se-r.net, and the mailing list
archives at www.se-r-list.org, both excellent sources of information.
The archives can sometimes be a pain to search through, but with a
little patience you'll find that most every major topic has been
covered at some point in the past.  But if you've got some questions
and still can't find the answers, by all means, shoot a note to the
list.

> Hope this wasn't boring to yall, after all the technical stuff you
> write.  I'm just
> excited about this.

Great to have you here, sounds like you're well on your way.  ;)

> I asked that the put my old horn in the rear, like run the line to the
> back of the car with a switch inside.  This is for those people that
> piss me off from behind or who I pass up and don't want to give them
> the finger.

Two words...  air horns.  Go for the big rig sound, it'll make them wet
their pants.  :)

I don't believe I've heard of anyone putting horns in the rear before,
but it's definitely possible.  But you will definitely need some
additional wiring if it's going that far back.  Large horns will draw a
fair bit of power, and air horns will definitely pull some juice, these
kits usually include a relay so that the horn switch turns on the
relay, and power comes straight from the battery to the horn.

For the trunk, you'd definitely need a relay (sounds like you want a
separate rear horn switch too?), and a large power line going from the
relay back to the horn in the trunk.  If you don't have a large enough
power line, the horn won't be able to pull sufficient current, and will
sound very weak.  Remind your installer about this and they'll make
sure you have enough juice getting back there.