resonated tips

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:59:50 -0600

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 05:47:51PM -0600, Steven Papatrefon wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with using resonated exhaust tips?  Besides
> Monza, who sells them?

They're difficult to find.  Pilot makes a couple, but none that I'm
happy with.  The Monza tips don't look nearly so bad if you hit 'em with
a quick squirt of flat black BBQ paint.  The other resonated tips I've
found are fairly expensive; $50-75 each.  Not willing to pay that much
for a 3-pound chunk of steel, I forcibly put them out of memory.

> Do they really reduce noise levels?

Good ones like Sebring do.  Sometimes as much as 2-3dB, which is a lot.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |