Ceramic coatings

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:43:53 -0600

Geo wrote:

> That said, the folks at Swain will tell you that the
> White Lightning coating *can* crack and flake under

Well not crack.  Dan gave us a technical explanation that
went over my head.  But the simple of it was that turbos
can get the coating hot enough to have one of the metals
in the coating shed off it.  It looks like little beads
coming off of it.  If you ever seen Mercury, on a surface
and not in a thermometer, it looks like that.

> on my header, but others have.  I'm still sold on their
> stuff.

I've got it on my manifold.  But yes I'm sold at Pocono my
cars underhood temps appeared (hand test) much lower then
others.  We'll see for sure this year as Kieran has a pyrometer to play with.

RK