Ceramic coatings

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:55:15 -0600

Terry Heick, <blitzmr2@insightbb.com> wrote:

>I plan on having Swain coat my manifold and turbine housing, just as I did
>on my last setup, bu tthought I'd get this list's take on the benefit of
>these coatings. Every list seems to have their own perspective -was hoping
>Mike Kojima and some of the more knowledgeable people here would speak up
>and give me theirs.

I'm sold on Swain's coatings.  I've had them do coatings on a lot of my
stuff and they will be coating the header on my race car.

My now dead G20 has the White Lightning coating on the manifold, turbine
housing, and J pipe.  The under hood temps are as cool or cooler than they
were when it was NA with a Stillen header w/Jet Hot coating.  That is how
effective the Swain coating is.  I've related another story before about an
undergound locomotive client they had.  Swain was the only company that
could cut the manifold temps in half.  Nobody else came close.

That said, the folks at Swain will tell you that the White Lightning
coating *can* crack and flake under extreme temps.  I didn't notice any on
my turbo stuff or on my header, but others have.  I'm still sold on their
stuff.

George Roffe
NISsport
http://www.nissport.com