QR25 Header and passing emissions (Joshua Gary)

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:17:55 -0600

>I have a question for a brainiac or two out there.  I've heard that removing
>the QR25's exhaust manifold and the built in precat with a header will cause
>it to fail on emissions tests.  I've been thinking of getting the AEBS
>header.  I'm thinking if the state(Texas) ever started doing emissions
>testing here; I would just buy a high flow cat and get it welded onto the
>exhaust somewhere down wind of the second primary cat that is already on the
>car.  I figure adding a second high flow cat would allow the car to pass
>emissions(I think) without hurting performance too* much.

>Do you guys think this would work the way I think it would?  What do you
>think of this idea?

>Thanks,
>Joshua

Hi Joshua
I did the exhaust on my SpecV last year.
I bought a Stillen header, and had a local exhaust shop do the work for me.
I got a catalytic converter from Random Technology.
It was installed at the location of the original second cat.
I had the second sensor relocated behind the cat.
I have had no issues with Check Engine lights, or anything else.
The unit I bought has 2.5" inlet and outlet size.
I then took my car in for testing and passed with no problems.
I bought my cat directly from Random. I dealt with Dave at Random and he
was very helpful.
Cost on the unit was $275.
Email:
dave@randomtechnology.com

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3