Gran Prix Raceway for 2003 Convention Pics

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:27:59 -0600

Michael Jez <93SER@attbi.com> wrote:

>I am down, but before I go I need to get some stiffer springs for my GCs-
>thinking 600/650 to give the car some oversteer.

Without a welded cage and full race dampers forget about this idea.  First
of all, the B13 is far too flexible to handle those rates w/o a good welded
cage (I wouldn't even run them with a bolt-in cage because they aren't as
good at stiffening the coachwork).  Secondly, even at 450/400 the AGX we
are using are marginal.

The best rotating/handling SE-R I've *ever* driven was Craig Damaschi's at
the 2001 convention.  It was fantastic and rotates better than Grover's
race car.  He's running 450/275.  I'm too chicken to try it, but it works
like a charm for him.  The reason for the seemingly low rear rate is
because of the flexible coachwork.  What happens when the coachwork flexes
is the coachwork becomes a spring in effect and a not very predictable one
at that.

George Roffe
NISsport
http://www.nissport.com