Engine ticking

Mark Holden mnse-r@vectorworld.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:02:40 -0600

You're not going to be a happy camper.

The engine certainly hydro-locked and you can be looking at wide ranging
damage.

Mine ran almost exactly as you describe, and when torn down they found
that the head and block had cracked, and a connecting rod had shattered.
I think a few valves got toasted too, but that was just incidental
damage.

Cheapest fix is a low-mileage JDM engine.

Hate to break bad news, but when the engine sucks in water it's pretty
much certain death.

The good news is that if you have "comprehensive" coverage on the car,
then that should pay for it.  Unless they just total the car out, which
they did with mine 10 years ago.