How much brake fluid to completely refill system?

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:36:04 -0600

>I was told a rough> estimate> would be one gallon to completely flush out the
>stock fluid and replace> with> Motul, including the nessisary bleeding of the
>brakes.

Waaaa???? Huh????? Sounds to me like someone is blowing smoke up your butt.  At
the very very very very most, it'll take 3 pints.  I ususally do my entire
system with a pint or a bit more.  Granted, that's with the stock MC and
AD22Vfs, so the fastbrakes (and you got the altima MC right?) might take more.
Certainly not a gallon though!  Go to a sportbike shop, that's where I get my
Motul.  I think it was ~$10-$11 a pint.

Khiem